|Thermaltake BlacX 5G Docking Station
Featured Reviews: Storage
| Written by Austin Downing
|Monday, 03 September 2012
Page 1 of 8
Thermaltake BlacX 5G Docking Station Review
Manufacturer: Thermaltake, Inc.
Product Name: BlacX 5G
Model Number: ST0019
Price As Tested: $46.99 (Newegg)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Thermaltake.
For our readers in the field of IT, data recovery whether from a dying disk, virus infection, or a dying system is a common occurrence. While slave drive kits work, they can look messy. Thermaltakes solution to this is its line of BlacX vertical docking stations. Benchmark Reviews will be looking at the updated Thermaltake BlacX 5G docking station, which will give users SATA 6Gb/s and SuperSpeed USB-3.0 support allowing for the fastest possible transfer speeds. This review will be evaluating whether the Thermaltake BlacX 5G dock is something every IT department should have or if there are better solutions on the market.
When writing a review of a device like the Thermaltake BlacX 5G there are a couple of factors that should be looked into. First, what is the performance of a device like the BlacX 5G, what limitations does it have, and what does it offer over its competition? The goal of today's reviews is to answer all of those questions, mostly from a IT professionals point of view. So without further introduction let us start into the review of the Thermaltake BlacX 5G.
Features and Specifications
- Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed - Maximum Transfer Rate up to 5.0 Gbps.
- Backward-Compatible with USB 2.0 (Max: 480 Mbps) & 1.1 (Max: 12 Mbps).
- Premium Shielded USB 3.0 Cable - Corrosion Resistant Plating & Heavy Gauge Wires for Years of Reliable Use. .
- Plug & Play Installation - Ready to Work in seconds, No Software needed.
- Supports 2.5" & 3.5" SATA I/II/3.0 & SSD Hard Drives in ALL Capacities.
- Hot-Swap Capability for Rapid Multi HDDs Access & Exchange.
- Trendy Docking Station Design maximizes Heat Dissipation & Exhaust.
- Windows & Mac OS Compatible.
- Windows 7 - 32 & 64-bit Ready!
- Supports SATA III (6 Gb/s) Hard Drives with maximum speed up to 5.0 Gb/s (maximum theoretical speed offered by USB 3.0).
||SATA / SSD to USB 3.0
||USB 3.0: up to 5Gbps
||SATA I / II / III & SSD
||All Standard 2.5” or 3.5” SATA & SSD Hard Drives up to 3TB
||Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2003 / 2000
Mac 10.3 and later
||Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz ; Output: 12V / 2A
||136 (W) x 73 (D) x 88 (H) mm
5.35 (W) x 2.87 (D) x 3.46 (H) inch
||USB 3.0 Cable
Power Adaptor (CE, FCC, GOST R Certified)
HDD Silicon Jacket - 3.5" (x1) & 2.5" (x1)
||312 g / 0.69 lbs
||*Supports SATA III (6 Gb/s) Hard Drives with maximum speed up to 5.0 Gb/s (maximum theoretical speed offered by USB 3.0).