Page 1 of 5
Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard Review
Product Name: Vengeance K90
Model Number: CH-9000003-NA
Price As Tested: $129.99
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Corsair
Having reviewed many keyboards it suprised me how excited I was to review the Corsair Vengeance K90. With its unique design, Cherry MX Red switches, and as Corsairs first foray into the keyboard market I found the K90 to be a interesting prospect in a world filled with rather ordinary keyboard designs. Join Benchmark Reviews as we look at the K90 and evaluate if its unique design merits the $129.99 asking price that is it being given.
Corsair designed the Vengeance K90 to fulfill every role a user could need. With a full size keyboard, eighteen macro keys, a brushed aluminum exterior, dedicated media controls, and on-board memory the K90 is a complete package. Add in Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and you have a winning combination that could be suitable to gamers needing a mechanical solution with a lighter touch than a Cherry MX Blue or Black switch could provide.
As with any other peripheral it is important look at the Corsair Vengeance K90 from a well-rounded standpoint, this means using it in a various situations including gaming (MMO, RTS, FPS), and from a typist standpoint.
Corsair Vengeance K90 Features
Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches
Cherry® MX Red key switches are the best of the best - they provide the sensitivity and low operating force that professional gamers love. Reaction times are ulra-fast and responsive for quicker double and triple taps. The action is predictable and linear unlike lesser gaming keyboards that have a tactile bump or the annoying click of a typist's keyboard.
18 dedicated, customizable G-Keys
Easily access to your most frequently used macros, presets and key combinations even during the most intense action. You can record up to 54 programmable functions accessible from three separate banks, ideal for grouping macros by function, or access. Macros can be created on-the-fly, customized, and activated with a single keystroke.
Full key matrix anti-ghosting
Our expertly designed anti-ghosting technology provides flawless control even when you're pressing multiple keys at once. The K90 has individual switches with dedicated diodes for each switch so every key press results in an input and is 100% ghost free without tradeoff or compromise.
20-key rollover (20KRO) on USB
Typical USB gaming keyboards are limited to the USB standard six-key rollover. The K90 features increased performance with a 20-key rollover implementation on USB at a blazing fast 1ms (1000 reports per second) reporting rate.
Professional grade brushed aluminum chassis with laser etched, backlit keys
The rugged aluminum chassis provides increased durability and stability compared those that are primarily plastic. The stiff suspension chassis and the laser etched keys are made for durability so they won't degrade over time. And the K90 has over 90 LEDs that provide outstanding illumination even in dim light.
Vengeance Gaming Keyboard Software
Create up to 50 profiles and share, import and export macros with the Vengeance keyboard gaming software. It's a free download at corsair.com.
On-board memory lets you take it with you
36Kb of memory built into the K90 lets you take your customizations and profiles with you and use them on any system.
Easy access multimedia controls
Control all of your music with the easy access media controls.
A USB port on the back of the Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard makes connecting your mouse or other USB devices a simple task.
Soft-touch wrist rest
The soft-touch wrist rest helps you play for hours without fatigue.
Corsair Vengeance K90 Specifications
- Light, responsive Cherry MX Red mechanical switches for fast, efficient gaming action
- 45g actuation force
- 2mm to actuation and 4mm to bottom
- Rated for 50 million operations
- Gold contacts
- Tuned silicon dome keyswitches: F1 through F12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause/Break, Insert, Home, Page Up Page Down, Delete, and End
- Three banks of eighteen G Macro Keys with Macro Record and Bank Select hot keys
- 36Kb of onboard memory for storing up to three sets of eighteen G keys for gaming on the go
- On-the-fly, macro recording
- Laser-etched, backlit keys with four illumination levels (off, 66%, 75%, and full illumination) selectable from the keyboard
- Six multimedia keys - Stop, Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Mute, Volume Up/Down - with Solid metal, weighted volume "drum roller"
- Windows Lock key for uninterrupted game play
- Metal top plate for increased strength, durability and rigidity
- USB pass-through connector giving easy access to a USB port on the back of the keyboard (USB 2.0/1.1/1.0)
- USB Connector with gold plated contacts
- 2m non-tangle cable Adjustable feet tilt for optimum personalization and positioning