|NZXT Phantom 630 Computer Case
Featured Reviews: Cases
| Written by David Ramsey
|Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Page 1 of 6
NZXT Phantom 630 Computer Case Review
Manufacturer: NZXT Corporation
Product Name: Phantom 630
Model Number: CA-PH630-G1
UPC: 815671011152 EAN: 5060301690404
Price As Tested: $179.99 (Newegg / Amazon)
Full Disclosure: NZXT provided the product sample used in this article.
I dug out some of my older computer cases recently, and was reminded and just how much the state of the art has advanced in the past few years. For example, my old Cooler Master Stacker was once one of the most advanced cases you could buy, yet its lack of any drive trays, toolless mounting, or even cable routing features, would make this aluminum monster noncompetitive in today's market.
Today's builder has come to expect more, and vendors who don't deliver it won't do well. NZXT has built their case business on delivering more, but at a lower price than many of the competitors...without sacrificing quality. Their Phantom line combines the latest features with some uniquely NZXT innovations that give the user a great deal of flexibility in their build.
Phantom 630 Features
- Fully modular drive bays allow multiple configurations for 2.5" and 3,5" devices.
- Split-level motherboard tray allowing increased rear cable management.
- Dual SSD mounts behind the motherboard tray.
- Support for multiple radiatiors of multiple sizes.
- Integrated 30-watt single channel fan controller with rear-mounted fan hub.
- All intakes filtered with removable filters.
- Integrated lighting illuminates the rear of the case at the touch of a switch.
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 support along with an integrated SD card reader.
||Steel body with plastic bezel and trim
||245mm(W) x 627mm(H) x 600mm(D)
||12.3kg / 27.1lb
||ATX, Micro-ATX, XL-ATX
||1x1, 1x2, and 1x3 modular drive cages (6 drives total)
||2 (behind motherboard tray)
||USB 3.0 x 2 (internal), USB 2.0 x 2, SD card reader x 1
Audio In & Out x 1 (supports HD Audio)
Front: 1x200 or 2x140 or 2x120mm (1x200mm fan included)
Top: 2x200 or 2x140 or 3x120mm (1x200mm fan included)
Side: 1x200mm fan included
Rear: 1x140 or 1x120mm (1x140mm fan included)
Bottom: 2x140mm or 2x120mm
HDD: 1x140 or 1x120mm
Let's take a closer look at this case in the next section.